27 years out in this world has taught me a lot of lessons. Some good, some bad and some painfull. Learning from your mistakes and not repeating them is easier said than done. But I end up making the same mistakes again n again. So let me document some stuff now so that when I climb back up, I can remember how it was down there.
1. Heartbreaks are always hard. Everytime it happens some part of you breaks, it maybe a teeny meeny part or a big one. Do know that you’ll definitely heal and get better. But there’ll always be a part/void that doesn’t get completely filled. There’s no standard rule that works and nothing anybody says or does can help. You’ll have to figure out your own way to move on and be okay and you will.
2. But there’s something that’s much worse than a heartbreak! It’s when friends hurt you. That’s the worst thing ever and it sends you to such a low that it’s hard to crawl back up. Because when a stranger hurts u, its easier to forget and move on. But lies and deception in friendship will tear you apart. Its about trust. It will make you lose faith in everything that’s good in the world. Nothing has made me hit rock bottom and made me lose faith in humanity than this. It’s an irreversible change. You will always be scared next time you have to trust someone or be friends with someone.
3. People are selfish. Including you. Believe it. Nobody is sweet to you or will go out of their way to help you out for no reason. Everyone is struggling and needs someone. But make sure you are not the stepping stone that they can just stamp all over and go up.
4. Know who your true friends are. You’ll make a lot of friends, but time and situations will prove who genuinely are your friends. There’ll be very few left in the end. Do not lose them. They’re the best thing to happen to you.
5. Things start to affect much more deeply as you grow older. Same thing that happened to me few years back was easier to get over than now. It might feel like the end of the world and take u to a dark depressing place. But don’t give up. Be with people who love you. Be with family. You will survive. You are stronger than you think you are.
6. Don’t get frustrated about how unfair the world is. There’s no use. It is unfair. Good things need not always happen to good people. Deal with it.
7. Don’t get emotionally entangled with people who are not sure of anything, them or you. One day they’ll be sure of everything and you’ll be left in the tangled mess.
8. Like yourself. Like being with yourself. Do not change much for anybody. Do not let other people make you feel small. Do not give them the right to play with your life.
9. Be happy. Try to do things that make you happy. Travel the world, meet new people, read everything you ever wanted to read, eat, dance and go ahead and do everything that brings a smile upon your face.
10. Fill life with people who matter. Have a sight of who’s real and who’s not. Stop making the same mistakes in judging people again and again.